MANUFACTURERS OF CUSTOM MADE BATHROOM WARE IN MARBLE SINCE 1979
welcome to marblecast
Manufacture and supply of cultured marble bathroom ware
Marblecast manufactures and supplies cultured marble sanitary ware products for bathroom installations in residential and commercial applications. The company was established in 1979 by Adolfo di Giovanni to manufacture bathroom ware and has, since inception, built an excellent reputation for supply and installation of quality cultured marble products across South Africa.
Our products have been used in many hotels, shopping centres, airports, South Africa’s World Cup Stadiums, office developments and residential homes throughout South Africa. We supply to the general public, leading dealers and contractors.
What is cultured marble
Marblecast vanity basins and shower trays are made from a mixture of crushed marble and resin in the ratio of 80% marble and 20% resin. The product is mixed together and a small amount of catalyst is added which reacts with the resin and ensures that the resin polymerizes and hardens to bond the composite into a hard, strong mass which is then molded into highly durable bathroom ware.
Why cultured marble
• The manufacturing process of Marblecast cultured marble assures product quality that offers the beauty, opulence
and elegance of marble, is intensely durable but excludes the porousness of natural marble.
• Because the polyester resin coats the ground marble particles rendering them waterproof, our cultured marble can
withstand stains that might otherwise harm natural marble.
• Cultured marble is highly durable, higher strength, more resistant to denting, chipping, abrasion and staining than
• Cultured marble offers scope for ideas and designs for bathroom ware that would be impossible in ordinary stone.
• Due to the casting process, cultured marble is produced at significantly lower cost than quarried marble.
• Construction is seamless as vanity tops are cast in one piece with integral bowls and back splash, eliminating seams.
• Cultured marble is water and mildew resistant.
Care tips for our cultured marble
The product has been polished to a high gloss. Clean with a soft cloth or sponge using soap or mild detergent and warm water. The use of abrasive pads or chemical abrasives will dull the product over time.
The thermostat in the hot water cylinder should be set at 60-65 degrees Celsius. It is recommended to first run cold water into the bowl with a plug followed by the hot water. This will allow the marble to warm up slowly and ensure the longevity and attractiveness of the product.
Stains can be removed by hand with a white polishing compound.
32 Section Street | Paarden Eiland | 7405 | Cape Town
Tel: +27 21 511 0768 | Fax: +27 866 705 558 | Email: email@example.com
All Content Copyright Marblecast 2014. All Rights Reserved.
Web Maintenance & SEO by Cape Business Online
Made in South Africa